VET Quality Label for Centres of Excellence
Description of the training centre
VDAB organizes training for three target groups: job seekers, employees and companies.
The training courses of VDAB are flexible. To be as close as possible to the professional reality, the courses run in close cooperation with the business world. This allows them to adopt different forms of learning. If there are group learning, blended learning, open learning, distance learning and online. Investments are made in simulation learning environment.
Campus Wondelgem is the largest training center in Flanders; the building is located on a plot of 8000 m2 in the industrial zone “Industrieweg” Wondelgem (105 companies). More than 100 employees work there.
The courses are divided into sectoral clusters:
- Construction and wood: bricklayer, painter, residential electrical installer
- Industry: welder, CNC turning / milling machine, maintenance mechanic, maintenance electronics, technical operator in production, process operator, industrial draftsman,
- Business Support, Retail and ICT: commercial employee, bookkeeping assistant, employee personnel, logistics administrative employee, general store clerk, developer (JAVA, C # .net, PHP), network infrastructure technician, system administrator, ICT support employee,
- Services to people and businesses: cleaner (at home and professionally),
- Transport: driver bus & car, Dutch second language
Excellence is about making connections between innovativation and our students. We make this connections by making a commitment to continually grow and develop as trainers and educators. We work side by side with the best companies in the industry. And we grow together with our student. We organize workshops, seminars, courses to be always informed and skilled about all newest technologies, methods and instruments in nowadays industry.