A Centre of Vocational Excellence for the Tourism Industry
PROJECT SOCIAL MEDIA
TourX is a Centre of Vocational Excellence (COVE) Project for the Tourism Industry.
TourX envisions to create excellence in Tourism through a bottom-up approach where the Education providers of the partnership will enhance their ability to adapt skills provision to everchanging economic and social needs.
The TourX project, co-funded by the European Union is led by a Consortium of 23 experienced partners representing the most prominent VET providers, the Tourism sector and Regional Authorities of the seven countries that the project brings together. Moreover, TourX is going to establish partnerships on a regional level, titled Knowledge Triangles in Germany, Greece, Italy and Spain, four of the leading countries in the Tourism sector of Europe. The Knowledge Triangles are gathering VET providers, representatives of the business sector and public authorities in order to better collaborate and contribute to regional development in the Tourism sector.
- Foster a national / transnational collaboration among all partnering stakeholders through the establishment of TourX Transnational Ecosystem for Excellence in Tourism.
- Increase skills anticipation in the tourism industry through the creation of a WatchTower.
- Increase sectoral employability and foster competitiveness.
- Increase of investments in tourism-related human resources.
- Achieve a fairer, more sustainable, and resilient model in tourism.
- Foster an internationalisation to address long standing structural weaknesses.
- Creation of feedback loops to adapt VET provision.
- Increase the image of VET in the tourism sector.
- Creation of the TourX – Transnational Ecosystem for VET Excellence in the Tourism Sector.
- Design of a TourX “Hospitality Labs” ToolBox for Excellence.
- Pilot Operation of “Hospitality Labs” for the creation of excellence at regional level.
- Creation of sustainable, systematic impact.
- Grassroot VET providers, local tourism enterprises.
- Tourism-related chambers, chambers of Commerce, tourism associations.
- Other awarded projects under this call.
- TourX Partners through umbrella organisations.
- VET leaders, entrepreneurs, employers active in the tourism industry.
- VET learners in tourism-related professions.
- VET staff members, employees working in the tourism industry.
- Others: including society, employers, journalists, members of Academia.
- Evidence based analysis for Upskilling / Reskilling in the tourism sector at regional level.
- Creation of Sustainable Systematic Impact.
- Development of network with relevant stakeholders.
- TourX outreach and engagement activities to local societies to raise awareness on the image of VET in the tourism sector.