Micro-credentials for VET
PROJECT SOCIAL MEDIA
A growing number of people seek to update their skills through flexible alternatives to full or partial qualifications in order to address their current education and training needs caused by fast-changing knowledge-development and labour market demands. Demand for credentials that certify the outcomes of these short learning experiences is thus increasing. This is what is called ‘micro-credentials’.
Nevertheless, the value of these micro-credentials is often not well understood due to a lack of standards for quality and transparency in such a diverse landscape (MicroHE Consortium, 2019). Countries need to provide more support to teachers, trainers and educational staff and to cooperate with local stakeholders in a better way, in order to provide more tailor-made training pathways.
MIC4VET is a project funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union under the action KA220-VET – Cooperation partnerships in vocational education and training. MIC4VET builds on two key priorities: improving quality assurance in VET and adapting VET to labour market needs. The project intends to intervene on these two priorities through the analysis and implementation of a model that can innovate professional training courses and adapt them to the new demands of the world of work.
- To strengthen European cooperation for the recognition of competences.
- To create a common strategy for the recognition and validation of transversal/soft skills through micro-credentials.
- Promote the cooperation between different institutions and local stakeholders.
- Identify new professional figures able to guide, accompany and motivate people with fewer opportunities in continuous training courses.
- Create a common strategy for the recognition of micro-credentials among project partners.
- VET researches and experts, trainers, tutors.
- NEETs, unemployed adults.
- Youths from rural areas.
- Leader of Work Package 4 – Communication and Dissemination:
- Coordinate the partners under an activity-related point of view.
- Ensure that all the Work Packages documents and materials are collected.
- Draft the Communication and Dissemination Strategy.
- Ensure proper dissemination project’s results within our network.
- Organise 1 Multiplier Event.