Key Skills & Employability Assessment Service for Young and Adult Learners
➥ Erasmus+ KA2 – Strategic Partnership of Education And Vocational Training
Despite the unprecedented levels of unemployment in European countries, still 32% of employers face difficulties with filling jobs due to the so-called “competences gap” while about 509,000 job vacancies are registered in the European ICT sector. The highly competitive European labour market requires increased transversal competences (TCs) key for employability that most young and adult learners, job-seekers and professionals are not well-aware of nor do they know how they can be assessed in view of improving their employability potential.
The main objectives of KeySTART2Work project are to increase VET learners’ awareness of the value and potential of TCs development, to improve their employability potential, reducing low-skilled workforce and overcoming skills mismatch.
To achieve these objectives, the project will undertake the following activities:
- Identify good practices on Transversal Competences assessment tools
- Map the state-of-the art of the knowledge and understanding of TCs by VET learners (quantitative survey)
- Examine the key competences needed for employability of VET learners from the perspective of TC experts (qualitative survey)
- Validate the Catalogue of Transversal Competences key for employability by implementing focus groups with employers and employers’ associations
- Elaborate a Catalogue of TCs Key for Employability of VET learners
- Disseminate the project through Empowerment Seminars and Multiplier Events
- Develop innovative tools (ICT tool for self-assessment.