ACROSS: Appraising transversal skills in green jobs for employability of youth and workers in restructuring processes
How can VET and labour market actors contribute to a sustainable, “green” economy driven by the need to better preserve and protect both the social-economic well-being of our societies and the natural resources of our planet?
How can they cater solutions to workers, students and companies and equip them with the necessary skills and capacities to undergo greening processes?
These the main questions that prompted the ACROSS strategic partnership to deal with these challenges.
Rather than a sector per se, ACROSS looks at the transformation of jobs into “green jobs” as a cross-sectorial overhaul of traditional jobs in transforming/ restructuring sectors and the development of innovative, technology- and efficiency-driven new jobs also in traditional sectors.
We focus on two main tenets: sustainable development in the so-called green economies and the appraising of transversal skills as portable skills in times of high unemployment and restructuring.
Indeed, the ACROSS project aims to promote:
- smart growth by providing operational tools to increase employability in emerging sectors
- sustainable growth by focusing on the green jobs and production methods in different sectors
- inclusive growth by helping people adapt to a changing labour market and make successful career shifts
The partners’ alliance has devised a three-step action that consists of:
- identifying policy and practice that can inspire actions and approaches to sustainable economy and that can provide a EU-wide reference for the definition of an innovative ACROSS methodological framework linking transversal skills to greening economies
- the consolidation of three operational tools, built for VET and labour market professionals, workers and companies (especially SMEs) to assess transversal “green” skills, to increase employability with the appraisal of such skills in greening jobs and to support companies in defining and anticipate green skills needs
- The test and evaluation of the framework solidity and the effectiveness of the tools developed. Networking and sharing at local, national and EU level is our strategy for buy-in at different levels, by convening and sharing the results of the project and to promote its approach to key stakeholders.
Coordinator: Tandem Plus, FR
- OUZG Craft College – Obrtnicko uciliste – ustanova za obrazovanje odraslih, HR
- ANJAF – Associação Nacional para a Acção Familiar, PT
- Acli e. V. – das Selbsthilfewerk für interkulturelle Arbeit, DE
- FORCOOP CORA VENEZIA SC, IT
- BLANKCON, NL
- IFOA – Istituto Formazione Operatori Aziendali, IT
- Tietgen, DN
- Länsirannikon Koulutus Oy Winnova / Winnova, FI
- EVTA, BE
Duration: 01/09/2014 – 31/08/2017